SEASONAL DRIVERS 9/02/2020
Mountain Transit is currently hiring Seasonal Drivers for Winter 2020-2021
WINTER WAGE $19.04 END OF SEASON MERIT AWARD $200
- Drivers needed immediately in the Big Bear area
- Must live in the Big Bear Area or willing to relocate
Must-Have: Current California Class A, B, or C Commercial License w/ passenger endorsement and DMV K4
Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Wage Range: $19.04
Job Type: Part-time Seasonal
School bus drivers welcome!
Mountain Transit is hiring for the full-time position of Dispatcher/Customer Service in our Crestline office.
WAGE: $18.54 WINTER WAGE: $19.04
This position requires the following skills and essential duties:
- Possess professional telephone and radio communications etiquette.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel,
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing using proper grammar and spelling.
- Knowledge of the roadways throughout the service area a plus.
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress
that comes with high call volume, last minute schedule changes, weather/road
- Coordinate the response to driver reported emergencies.
- Dispatcher positions are considered safety sensitive and are subject to
mandatory random drug testing as prescribed by federal law.
- A Pre-Employment physical, drug screen, and background check is required
- Must be willing to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a current Driver’s License or DMV ID
Mountain Transit is hiring for the full-time position of Mechanic in our Big Bear office.
WAGE RANGE: $20.70 – $28.97
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Mechanic maintains vehicles and equipment in working order by performing routine maintenance and repair to gas- and diesel-powered bus fleet, support vehicles, and related tools and equipment in accordance with professional standards of vehicle repair.
- Routinely performs preventative, routine and complex repairs to ignition, fuel, transmission, air/hydraulic brakes, suspension, steering, and cooling systems of fleet vehicles.
- Troubleshoots vehicle mechanic problems and diagnosis needed repairs.
- Maintain accurate documentation of vehicle inspections, repairs, and maintenance according to California Highway Patrol standards.
- Responds to road calls, as necessary.
- Adjusts and installs engine components.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and shop.
- Mount and rotate tires, stud tires and as needed, installs snow chains.
- Maintains an accurate daily log of work, which includes date and description of work completed.
- Support Utility staff in keeping high standards for sanitizing and cleaning of vehicles by cleaning interior/exterior, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Substantial knowledge of industrial safety, shop safety rules/procedures and regulations applicable to a maintenance facility.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical computer controls, diagnostic computers, and other tools used in the maintenance and repair of large vehicles.
- Ability to read and understand technical information found in vehicle repair manuals, service change bulletins, including parts and supply manuals.
- Skilled in repairs of heavy-line equipment.
- Ability to write and communicate orally.
- Ability to use shop equipment and tools, for example oxy/acetylene and arc welding equipment.
- Ability to perform job functions in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Must reside in the Big Bear Valley
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Class C Commercial Driver’s License and a driving record which demonstrates adherence to safety principles and traffic laws and regulations. Must obtain a valid California Class B Drivers Permit within 15 days of being placed in this position and must obtain a valid California Class B Commercial Driver’s License within 45 days of being placed in this position. (Subject to DMV/Covid delays)
- Valid medical certificate: ability to meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations physical qualifications for commercial drivers.
- No criminal conviction which may, in the sole judgment of the Authority, constitute a threat to property or the safety of others.
- May bring own tools to shop.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in vehicle maintenance, preferably buses.
- Multiple areas of ASE Certifications preferred.
- Graduates of Automotive Technical Schools preferred.
- Other work experience may be substituted.
- Working environment varies from usual shop working conditions to the outdoors and direct exposure to inclement weather. Work can entail frequent standing and/or walking and occasionally cleaning up bodily fluid spills.
- Must occasionally lift or move materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must drive on occasion.
- May work in Crestline facility on occasion
- Must travel on occasion to attend training meetings and between facilities.
- Must work varied hours and days.
How to Apply:
Complete one of the following applications:
Drop off completed application to: 41939 Fox Farm Road, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
Submit by email to Karen Wentworth, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org