Available Positions:


Mountain Transit is currently hiring Seasonal Drivers for Winter 2020-2021


  • Drivers needed immediately in the Big Bear area
  • Must live in the Big Bear Area or willing to relocate

Must-Have: Current California Class A, B, or C Commercial License w/ passenger endorsement and DMV K4

Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age

Wage Range: $19.04

Job Type: Part-time Seasonal

School bus drivers welcome!

DISPATCHER  12/28/2020

Mountain Transit is hiring for the full-time position of Dispatcher/Customer Service in our Crestline office.

WAGE: $18.54     WINTER WAGE: $19.04

This position requires the following skills and essential duties:

  • Possess professional telephone and radio communications etiquette.
  • Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
  • Must have strong knowledge of computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel,
  • Ability to communicate orally and in writing using proper grammar and spelling.
  • Knowledge of the roadways throughout the service area a plus.
  • Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress
    that comes with high call volume, last minute schedule changes, weather/road
    condition changes.
  • Coordinate the response to driver reported emergencies.


  • Dispatcher positions are considered safety sensitive and are subject to
    mandatory random drug testing as prescribed by federal law.
  • A Pre-Employment physical, drug screen, and background check is required
  • Must be willing to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
  • Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
  • Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  • Must have a current Driver’s License or DMV ID

MECHANIC  12/30/2020

Mountain Transit is hiring for the full-time position of Mechanic in our Big Bear office.

WAGE RANGE: $20.70 – $28.97

Position Summary:

Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Mechanic maintains vehicles and equipment in working order by performing routine maintenance and repair to gas- and diesel-powered bus fleet, support vehicles, and related tools and equipment in accordance with professional standards of vehicle repair.

Essential Duties:

  • Routinely performs preventative, routine and complex repairs to ignition, fuel, transmission, air/hydraulic brakes, suspension, steering, and cooling systems of fleet vehicles.
  • Troubleshoots vehicle mechanic problems and diagnosis needed repairs.
  • Maintain accurate documentation of vehicle inspections, repairs, and maintenance according to California Highway Patrol standards.
  • Responds to road calls, as necessary.
  • Adjusts and installs engine components.
  • Maintains a clean and organized work area and shop.
  • Mount and rotate tires, stud tires and as needed, installs snow chains.
  • Maintains an accurate daily log of work, which includes date and description of work completed.
  • Support Utility staff in keeping high standards for sanitizing and cleaning of vehicles by cleaning interior/exterior, as necessary.
  • Performs other duties as assigned.

Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:

  • Substantial knowledge of industrial safety, shop safety rules/procedures and regulations applicable to a maintenance facility.
  • Considerable knowledge of electrical computer controls, diagnostic computers, and other tools used in the maintenance and repair of large vehicles.
  • Ability to read and understand technical information found in vehicle repair manuals, service change bulletins, including parts and supply manuals.
  • Skilled in repairs of heavy-line equipment.
  • Ability to write and communicate orally.
  • Ability to use shop equipment and tools, for example oxy/acetylene and arc welding equipment.
  • Ability to perform job functions in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
  • Ability to follow direction.
  • Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.

Special Requirements:

  • Must reside in the Big Bear Valley
  • Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Class C Commercial Driver’s License and a driving record which demonstrates adherence to safety principles and traffic laws and regulations. Must obtain a valid California Class B Drivers Permit within 15 days of being placed in this position and must obtain a valid California Class B Commercial Driver’s License within 45 days of being placed in this position. (Subject to DMV/Covid delays)
  • Valid medical certificate: ability to meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations physical qualifications for commercial drivers.
  • No criminal conviction which may, in the sole judgment of the Authority, constitute a threat to property or the safety of others.
  • May bring own tools to shop.

Education and Experience:

  • Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in vehicle maintenance, preferably buses.
  • Multiple areas of ASE Certifications preferred.
  • Graduates of Automotive Technical Schools preferred.
  • Other work experience may be substituted.

Working Conditions:

  • Working environment varies from usual shop working conditions to the outdoors and direct exposure to inclement weather. Work can entail frequent standing and/or walking and occasionally cleaning up bodily fluid spills.
  • Must occasionally lift or move materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
  • Must drive on occasion.
  • May work in Crestline facility on occasion
  • Must travel on occasion to attend training meetings and between facilities.
  • Must work varied hours and days.

How to Apply:

Complete one of the following applications:

WORD:  employment_application 12-5-19kw

PDF: employment_application 12-5-19kw

Drop off completed application to: 41939 Fox Farm Road, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315


Submit by email to Karen Wentworth, HR Manager kwentworth@mountaintransit.org