Rules to ride By
Please be kind and respectful to all drivers and passengers, and abide by the following rules:
- Buses pickup only at approved locations. Locations may be altered due to construction, weather conditions, or other safety-related issues.
- Be at the stop 5 minutes before the scheduled departure
- No eating, drinking or smoking on the buses.
- No more bags than passenger can carry on at one time and place under seat or in lap (limit 4). Carry-on items may not take up additional passenger seating or be placed in the aisle.
- Animals in approved pet carrier only. Passengers are limited to two pet carriers. An approved pet carrier is a device commercially manufactured and designed to secure pets.
- No hazardous materials on bus.
- No radios or tape players without headsets.
- Use of profane language, harassment of the operator or other passengers will not be tolerated and can be cause for immediate discharge from the bus, and permanent loss of riding privileges.
- Passengers who fail to comply with these rules may be denied service and/or discharged from the bus.
Child Ridership Policy
In order for Mountain Transit to provide safe transportation for children the following policy will be adhered to.
- Children may ride the Mountain Transit Fixed Route service unaccompanied at age 10. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, child (14 years or older), or have written permission on file with Mountain Transit to ride, signed by the child’s parent/guardian. A responsible adult must be present at the drop-off destination. If no one is at the drop-off destination to receive the child, the proper authority will be contacted.
- Children may ride the Mountain Transit Dial-a-Ride service unaccompanied at age 8. Children under age 8 may ride the Mountain Transit Dial-a-Ride service unaccompanied provided a responsible adult is present at the drop-off destination. Again, if no one is at the drop-off destination to receive the child, the proper authority will be contacted.
- Children 5 and under may ride any Mountain Transit service free when accompanied by a fare paying rider (limit 3 children per rider).